Sunday, March 16, 2008

Moonstone and Agate Necklace



I have always loved different rocks. At one time I thought I would become a geologist and spend my life studying rock formations. Instead, I create jewelry from stones and gems. My latest inspiration was a piece of blue-grey agate. It paired beautifully with some moonstone beads. It took awhile to get a photo, but here it is.

In the Eastern cultures, Moonstone was favored for LOVE. They believed that wearing or carrying a moonstone would bring a new love into your life. They also believe that holding a piece of moonstone over their hearts after a quarrel, and then exchanging the stones with each other, would bring you back together.

The blue agate is banded. Agates with banded colors were placed at the head of a sleeper to give rich and varied dreams. It's considered a protection stone and believed to attract strength and offer protection from bad dreams, stress and the draining of energy. Some followers of Pagan religions also believe agate is a crystal whose powers can be used for love, mental clarity, and good luck in card games.

No comments: