Sunday, October 12, 2008

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk


Each year, I participate in a 5k walk against breast cancer. The walk raises awareness of the disease and funds to help find a cure. This year, I walked around the Michigan's capitol building in Lansing.

It's amazing to hear survivors stories, watch the teams and just participate the camaraderie of the day. I walked for my cousin who was diagnosed with the disease a month ago.

About a month before the walk, I start raising funds. I fell a bit short of my $200 goal this year. I'll make up for the shortfall next year. Every bit helps to find a cure for the disease.

Please support the efforts of those you know that are participating in your town, work, neighborhood in the fight against breast cancer and all cancers. To those that already contributed to the American Cancer Society; thank you.

No comments: