Sunday, March 11, 2018

Rethinking a Clothing Remodel

I saw an ad for straight leg blue jeans with grommets at the ankle and thought, "I can do that." I have the grommets. I have the ribbon. And I have a pair of straight leg jeans like the version shown in the link.

But, why?

Just because I can recreate a trend doesn't mean I should. Metal tends to attract heat and get even hotter in summer months. Washing metal objects on fabric becomes a noisy situation when it comes to drying. (clunk, clunk, clunk) And the metal pieces can wear away the enamel inside your dryer. Creating this look limits how I wear the jeans, choices for where I wear the outfit and shoes.

The only reason I found to make the alteration was - it was cute.

Going to hold off on the alteration right now. Cuteness is not an overriding factor.

No comments: