Sunday, September 14, 2008

For All Those Who Fight Everyday Battles


Kind of an unusual title for this posting. I made this bracelet for my cousin who just found out she has breast cancer. If you have been to my blog before, you'll know I made a ring called, "Count on Me" with a portion of the profits going to cancer research. Most of the items for sale supporting women's cancer research are in red or pink. My cousin likes the color blue. So, this bracelet is for you, Karie.

Here is the meaning of the colors I chose according to color-wheel-pro

Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.

Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.

Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

K. I definetly will get a karie bracelet, and count on me ring. Love the bracelet, and Karie will beat this...Claire