Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bird in the House


It's true. There was a young male robin making himself to home in my living room this afternoon.

The incident is my fault for being lazy and leaving the back door open while puppy was patrolling the back yard for rabbits.

I heard a "thud" and thought it was puppy coming in the house. When I looked around, I found the robin on the carpet. I tried opening the doors in the hope that the bird would fly toward freedom. No good. The bird just ran under furniture and into corners. I finally took a broom and scooted the little guy out the door where he decided to stay on the porch and sun himself.

After moving all the furniture around in an effort to catch the robin, I decided I have too much stuff in the living room. Time to downsize a few things. And I have Mr. Robin to thank for this decision.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

This has happened to us before! Did Mr. Birdie leave lots of presents behind???