Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Don't Lie to Me - Be Honest

I have been under the weather lately fighting the same cold/flu that everyone seems to have. As a result, I have watched more television programs.

One of the recurring phrases I hear on talk shows, sitcoms or even the news is, "don't lie to me", or "be honest." At first I didn't pay much attention to these words then I realized that the hosts, characters or news people must encounter a lot of people that are dishonest and tell falsehoods. So much so that they feel by demanding someone, "be honest" that the person will actually tell the truth.

Now really. How naive' is that?

Or do television producers and politicians believe they have the power to make individuals give them factual information by just uttering these words.

Now, tell the truth.

No comments: