Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back to Blogging

I took a bit of a vacation from blogging to purchase a car; a Ford Focus. So far, I got 29 MPG in the city. Not too shabby for an automatic.

I entered some of my writing into a local fair. It's a children's book I wrote and illustrated. I'll let you know the results of the judging soon.

My beading is coming along. There is a black and white necklace and matching earrings to match the ying-yang bracelet you will see here in a few days. Although, it's so tempting to just enjoy the sunshine and wonderful weather rather than make jewelry.

Perfect days this past weekend. High temperatures in the 80's with cool evenings - great for sleeping. We are so fortunate here in the Great Lakes region that the terrible storms moved around us. With any luck, the farmers will have a good crop of corn and soybeans. That will help not only our local economy, but supply food for others in the Midwest.

No comments: