Friday, January 8, 2016

Polenta Fries

Not the best photograph I have ever taken. But, the taste is delicious! These are my Polenta Fries. I thought I would share the recipe after seeing Polenta Croutons featured on, "The View". Pretty much the same theory - you make polenta and let it set-up, cut it apart, and bake it.

I use one cup grits, three cups water and one cup of milk. You could use four cups of water if you prefer. Salt is optional, although most people prefer it. Stir the mixture over medium heat on a stove top for about 10-15 minutes. Let the mixture "set" for about an hour. Spread the Polenta onto a non-stick baking pan about a half inch thick. Sprinkle garlic and paprika on top. Score the Polenta lightly about 1/4" so it looks like a french fry. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit  for a half hour then flip the Polenta over and bake the other side for an additional 30 minutes. Let it cool slightly and cut the creation to look like fries.

No comments: