Thursday, February 22, 2018

Chair Covers from Curtains





These chair covers remind me of "Gone with the Wind". You know the scene where Scarlett is meeting Rhett Butler after the war and she has nothing to wear. Scarlet can't greet him in the ragged dress she is wearing and she spies the green velvet curtains. Devising a plan, she makes a dress from her mother's drapes.

I got a great deal on these blue paisley Waverly curtains.  Love the material, but the drapes didn't work with any of my windows. What to do? That's when a glue gun and stapler came to mind and like Scarlett, I formed a plan. I recovered two chairs using the curtain material. The top chair was completed using a glue gun. The second chair, I stapled and draped the material.

I actually like the second chair's results more than the first. And the second chair was also easier to assemble. Both projects took less time than sewing the fabric.

No comments: