Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Updating Ikea Nightstand with Marble Adhesive Paper and Black Chalkboard Paint


This Ikea Tarva night stand started its life as an unfinished piece of pine. I painted it silver. Yes, silver. The color didn't thrill me. What to do? I had left over black chalkboard paint which is essentially flat black paint. Paint the whole object or part - that was my dilemma. I fell in serious like with some marble adhesive paper from Lowe's. It was Duck brand and available locally. I left the inside cubby and a bit of trim with the silver paint job. Then I cut a section of adhesive marble paper to fit the top of the table, a.k.a. nightstand. To finish the project, I found a screw that fit into a brass finial top, again from Lowe's, and used that as the drawer pull.

No comments: