Saturday, May 17, 2008

Harley Loving Dog


She loves Harley motorcycles. No kidding. My dog loves Harleys. She won't bat an eye at a Honda. A Kawasaki gets a couple barks. But when a Harley roars by, my dog barks. And she whines a little as it goes out of sight. A parked bike will even elicit some barking. How does she know it's a Harley?

My baby was a rescue dog. She was just 7 months old when I found her at the Michigan Humane Society, a rescue organization that offers dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and at times, a host of other animals for adoption. Zoe was a runaway they found on the streets. The only conclusion we came to was her former owner had a motorcycle.

Zoe has lots of other interesting habits. I'll talk about those in another post. This is one of my favorites photos of her - head out the window of a car and catching a breeze. Ah, spring!

No comments: